We founded Mindful Chef in 2015 with one mission: to make healthy eating easy. From hand-packing and delivering recipe boxes to a small number of friends, to delivering over 3,600,000 meals nationwide, it’s been one epic journey so far. Thank you for being a part of it, we couldn’t do it without you. As a
We founded Mindful Chef in 2015 with one mission: to make healthy eating easy. From hand-packing and delivering recipe boxes to a small number of friends, to delivering over 3,600,000 meals nationwide, it’s been one epic journey so far. Thank you for being a part of it, we couldn’t do it without you.
As a proud B Corp, we are really excited to have another way to tell you all about the amazing work our team get up to. In this report, you’ll find out more about the history of Mindful Chef, our mission and what we’re doing to help the wider community and most importantly our planet.
Here are just some of the 2019 highlights
Our targets for 2020
- Eliminate single-use plastics. 100% of our packaging will be fully recyclable or compostable
- Reduce our footprint. Measure & reduce the lifecycle carbon footprint of our packaging
- Close the loop even further. Double the number of boxes sent back to Mindful Chef with reusable insulation & ice packs
- Support British Farmers. We’ll never purchase meat or fish from abroad and wherever possible all of our ingredients will be sourced from the UK
- Setting standards. Encourage all of our suppliers to set the standards and obtain best in class certifications
- Our promise to you. We’ll only source from ethical and responsible suppliers.
- Support health & wellbeing. Every team member has access to physical & mental health support. As well as free healthy breakfasts and lunches to help them feel their best
- Help our team grow. We provide an allowance of up to £500 per employee to spend on training & development
- Give back. Every employee is given the opportunity to dedicate 4 days each year towards a charity of their choice. Next year we are aiming for 90% uptake (that’s more than 1600 hours of giving back!)
- No waste. Ensuring 100% of surplus food (that is still safe to eat) goes to those who need it
- Carbon footprint. Launch a carbon management project by July 2020 to measure and report our carbon footprint
- Empower consumers. Education is the key to making better choices. We believe in eating less, better quality meat can have a huge impact on your carbon footprint. It is our goal to help our customers make easier, smarter choices for themselves and the environment. That’s why we’re investing in more plant-based meals and higher quality meat & fish
- Grow our Mindful Community. Through events, live videos and our ambassador programme we are building a community of like-minded people who want to take positive action – both socially and environmentally
- Donate over 3,000,000 school meals through One Feeds Two. We’re proud to be the only recipe box operating a one for one model and we’re going to shout about it as much as we can. If a small company like ours can help donate over 3 million meals imagine what some of the bigger guys could help achieve
- Help drive awareness of B Corp’s. We’re a proud B Corp and whenever possible we shout about it as much as we can. If more companies focussed on people and planet as much as they did profit the world be a far better place.