234: The Keto-Green Way to Optimize Hormones & Libido With Dr. Anna Cabeca   If anyone can connect the dots on women’s health, it’s today’s guest. Dr. Anna Cabeca is a triple-board certified doctor of gynecology and obstetrics who specializes in integrative medicine, anti-aging, and regenerative medicine. When she saw gaps in women’s health care
If anyone can connect the dots on women’s health, it’s today’s guest. Dr. Anna Cabeca is a triple-board certified doctor of gynecology and obstetrics who specializes in integrative medicine, anti-aging, and regenerative medicine. When she saw gaps in women’s health care she made it her life’s work to create several highly acclaimed programs with natural solutions for women: Women’s Restorative Health, Sexual CPR, and Magic Menopause. Her newest program is called Keto-Green, and it’s all about doing a ketogenic diet with the right balance of alkaline vegetables, which I totally agree is the whole key.
Dr. Anna also serves on the Wellness Mama Medical Review Board and lends her expertise to our women’s health articles. She’s been interviewed by all major television networks and been featured on pretty much every major website as well, so I’m very grateful she made time to be here (again!) today.
Episode Highlights: The Keto-Green Diet
- Why the ketogenic diet wasn’t working for Dr. Anna or her patients… and what she changed that made all the difference
- The negative health effects a ketogenic diet can have if not done correctly
- Key differences between how men and women should eat
- Why keto (or any lifestyle) can’t be one-size-fits-all
- The one thing all nutritionists agree on
- Whether a balanced body pH is a fact or a fad
- The differences between blood and urine ketone testing
- What you should do first before starting a ketogenic diet
- Precautions and best practices for eating Keto-Green with hormone or thyroid imbalance
- The one thing to start doing in the morning for hormonal balance
- What to expect during menopause & how to manage it naturally
- Why to stop using plastic if you have anxiety
- Dr. Anna’s recommendations for natural supplements to take (especially after the age of 35)
- How to know if your sex drive is “normal” and natural ways to increase libido
- And more!
Resources We Mention
More From Wellness Mama
Did you enjoy this episode? What other questions do you have about hormones? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by Thrive Market, a company I’ve loved for years, and that just continues to get better and better. I use their free app all the time to order pantry staples from companies I love, and always turn to their Thrive Market brand for even better discounts. Here’s a tip: use the app like a shopping list. Add things to cart as you think of them, or as you run out, or as you meal plan. Then, once you hit the threshold for free shipping, you order will be ready to go. Here’s another secret- Thrive often runs free gift with purchase offers just for members as a thank you, so keep an eye out for those! I usually choose to order on days when there is a gift I love and have gotten some awesome free products over the years by doing this. Find out more about all of these and get an extra discount on your first order at thrivemarket.com/katie
This podcast is brought to you by Ready, Set, Food!, a new company revolutionizing how we approach food allergies in children. We all know that this problem is on the rise, and most of us know someone who has a child with food allergies, or have had this experience ourselves. There are many theories for this and certainly many problems that need to be addressed like gut health and immune support. Ready, Set, Food! is taking the cutting edge research and science and using it in a practical way to help babies and children avoid food allergies in the first place. The most up to date studies are showing that carefully calculated early exposure in the right amounts can stop many cases of food allergies. Ready, Set, Food! makes this easy with a simple system that can be added to breastmilk, formula, or baby’s first foods to give incremental and calculated exposure to the top allergens like peanuts, egg, and milk. When used as directed, this can reduce the chance of allergies by up to 80%. This organic, non-GMO product is recommended and overseen by many of the nations top pediatricians. Learn more about this evidence-based approach at readysetfood.com/wellnessmama