As Mother’s Day approaches, I’ve gotten several requests from husbands of a few readers for gift ideas for Mom when regular chocolate won’t cut it anymore. I’ve compiled a list of some of the things I’d want to get (hint-hint honey) and feel free to add your favorites in the comments! Some of these are
As Mother’s Day approaches, I’ve gotten several requests from husbands of a few readers for gift ideas for Mom when regular chocolate won’t cut it anymore.
I’ve compiled a list of some of the things I’d want to get (hint-hint honey) and feel free to add your favorites in the comments! Some of these are definitely not your typical gifts but are ones that will help Mom be healthy and happy!
Gifts for Mother’s Day (She Won’t Just Pretend She Loves)
How do you get a gift for the person that gave birth to you, cooked food for your entire childhood, and was at your side through teething/tantrums/friend drama/dating and all the other challenges of childhood?
It likely isn’t possible to find one gift that says “thanks for everything you’ve done for me” but I’ve compiled a list of gifts mom will be able to use and enjoy. These are gifts I’d give to my own mom or that I’d be thrilled to receive from my kids. Of course, nothing beats a heartfelt letter or handmade gift, but if you’ve already got those covered, here’s a list of some other ideas she’ll love!
- Amazon Prime Membership – Get free 2-day shipping on many items, plus free streaming music and movies and now unlimited photo storage too.
- or Real Plans Membership – I love this meal planning service that lets me plan our meals each week in just minutes and shop in half the time. Give mom some time off by saving her time on meal planning and prep (and even better, plan and shop for her for a few weeks!)
- Shiatsu Massage Pillow – I received this as a gift and absolutely love it! It rivals an actual massage and I use it all the time after long days of cooking and holding babies.
- Hydroflask Water Bottle – These steel bottles are cute and really functional! They keep liquids cold for up to 24 hours and hot for up to 12.
- Royally Flawless Facial Moisturizer – Amazing facial oil with the highest quality ingredients and no junk! My mom loves this stuff and it is the only one I can use without breaking out.
- RTIC Tumbler – This one performs as well as the high-priced Yeti and I use mine all the time. Great for coffee, smoothies and water.
- Wake-up Light Gentle Alarm Clock – Waking up can stink, especially after a long night of being up with littles. Wake up gently to gradual light and sound with this wake-up light.
- Himalayan Salt Lamp – Soothing warm orange glow at night from these beautiful lamps.
- Blue Blocker Glasses – I wear these after dark for better sleep (some studies show that avoiding blue light after dark helps melatonin levels).
- Sleep Master Sleep Mask – A sleep mask that is actually comfortable! Great for travel or home.
- 10,000 Lux Happy Light – I use this super-bright light in the morning to keep my cortisol levels healthy.
- Anything Le Creuset – Incredible (but pricey) dishes. I’ve been collecting a few pieces over the years and resisting the urge to buy it all!
- Microwaveable Slippers – These slippers are super cozy for moms who always feel cold.
- Dry Brush Set – Brushing isn’t just for hair and teeth. Brushing skin can help it stay smooth, supple, and may improve collagen. It also feels great and is super-relaxing.
- Low-EMF Hair Dryer – Did you know that hairdryers product a LOT of EMFs? This dryer is pricey but the quick drying time and smooth shiny hair that results is so worth it.
- French Press Coffee Maker – Coffee is my sanity some days. If the mom in your life is the same way, help her ditch the toxic plastic coffee maker with a glass french press or any of these non-toxic coffee makers.
- Instant Pot – Revolutionize dinner! This electric pressure cooker makes roasts in about an hour and turns tough cuts of meat into deliciously tender meals.
- Grown-up Coloring Book and Markers – Coloring isn’t for kids anymore and studies show it may reduce stress levels. Try a “grown up coloring book.”
- Kokomo Cream Organic Deodorant – This natural deodorant smells like the tropics and last for months.
- The Wellness Mama Cookbook or The Wellness Mama 5-Step Lifestyle Detox – Ok, I’m biased, but my cookbook is filled with 200 delicious recipes that our family loves (and I know yours will too!).
- Blackout Curtains – Even a little light can interfere with sleep quality. We use blackout curtains to keep our room really dark.
- Wine Bottle Tiki Torch – Upcycle old wine bottles with these adorable tiki-torch kits.
- Myobuddy Massager – An amazing handheld massager that rivals what chiropractors use in-office (in fact, some of them do). This percussive massager heats up, vibrates, and feels like a real massage. Especially a great gift for nursing, which can be so hard on the neck, shoulders, and back. Mother’s Day special – Get $50 off their new Myobuddy Massager Pro 2 with the code MAMA50. Limited time coupon!
- Wine Subscription – The secret to a happy mom? Wine showing up at the door! Just joking of course (kind of) but if Mom is a wine lover, this is the gift that keeps on giving. I especially like this one because I never get headaches from it like I used to even from just a glass of regular wine. It’s organic, low-sugar, and free of any unhealthy additives.
- Quality Essential Oils and a Diffuser – My favorite essential oil line has some beautiful sets packaged just for Mother’s Day… even get a set tailored for relaxation, which all moms need and deserve!
Other Fun Experience-Based Gift Ideas for Mom
- A CSA share
- A picnic (if it isn’t too cold)
- Tickets to a local theatre or performing arts center
- A basket of seeds and gardening supplies
- Surprise overnight getaway at a hotel — alone (ahh!) or with a friend
- Pedicure basket or gift certificate
- Museum passes if she likes art, science, history, etc.
- A framed photo of a special memory with a handwritten note or a photo book/scrapbook
- Cooking classes, personal training, or massage gift certificates or at-home massage course
- Flowers – but give in a flower pot rather than cut flowers so she can enjoy them year round!
- A gift certificate to do an escape room with the family or with friends
- Anything made by her kids ?
- Not having to cook or clean for a day. (This is the one I really want!)
Bottom Line: Show Mom Lots of Love!
I’m not always a fan of Hallmark holidays, but moms give so much day in and day out (pregnancy and childbirth just for starters!) and certainly deserve to be celebrated. Show Mom a little (or a lot) of extra love and care this Mother’s Day and every day… hopefully some of these ideas help!
What are your favorite natural gifts for mothers? Please share below!